How To Make Mastro’s Butter Cake (Copycat)
This version of Mastro’s butter cake recipe is a light and buttery dessert. A warm butter cake drizzled with a sweet raspberry coating that tastes just like the original.
- In a saucepan, add raspberries, sugar, and water. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes and crush raspberries with a hand blender. Blend until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Rub the inside of each ramekin, including bottom and edges, with ½ cup Crisco butter enough to coat.
- Sprinkle turbinado sugar into the ramekins, ensuring it covers the sides and bottoms, shaking out the excess.
- In a stand mixer bowl, add 1 cup Crisco butter and granulated sugar, use a spatula to combine well. Set the mixer on low speed and add 1 egg at a time.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine milk and vanilla. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture and milk mixture to the Crisco mixture in alternating, small amounts. Begin with 1 scoop of flour mixture.
- Continue in this order, making sure to end off with adding the flour mixture to the Crisco mixture. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Fill the ramekins ¾ of the way up. Bake uncovered for 18 to 23 minutes or until cake turns gooey in the middle. Let cool for 5 minutes and invert the butter cake on a plate.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle some raspberry sauce. Serve immediately.
- Sugar: 90g
- Calcium: 221mg
- Calories: 1089kcal
- Carbohydrates: 140g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Fat: 56g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 22g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 15g
- Potassium: 220mg
- Protein: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 650mg
- Trans Fat: 7g
- Vitamin A: 185IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!