It’s hard to believe this chocolate beet cake recipe is made with veggies! Try making this for a birthday party or for any special celebration when you want to try something new.
How To Make Chocolate Beet Cake With Avocado Frosting
Making the cake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Roast the beets until a fork slides easily to the center of the beet, for 60 to 75 minutes. Let cool.
- Once cooled, peel the beets and cut into chunks.
Place in the bowl of a food processor and puree.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Line two 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together almond milk and cream of tartar in a bowl.
Add 1 cup of beet puree, sugar, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
Using a mixer, beat until foamy for about 30 seconds.
Add in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Beat again to incorporate.
Pour the mixture into the two cake pans.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. When finished, remove from oven and cool.
Making the frosting
Scoop out avocado and puree in a food processor until smooth.
Add unsweetened cocoa powder and maple syrup. Puree again.
Assembling the cake
- Place the first layer on your cake stand or serving plate.
Spread about half of the frosting on the first layer.
Top with the second cake layer. Spread the remaining frosting on the second layer.
- Decorate cake with coconut flakes and almonds.
- Refrigerate before serving.
- Sugar: 41g
- Calcium: 133mg
- Calories: 438kcal
- Carbohydrates: 69g
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 8g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 745mg
- Protein: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 504mg
- Vitamin A: 64IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pies & Pastries
Pies & Pastries