Sweet, moist and dense, this is a delicious pound cake without too much fuss.
How To Make Almond Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Lightly mist a 10-inch tube pan with vegetable oil spray then dust with flour.
- Shake out excess flour and set pan aside.
- Place cake mix, cream cheese, eggs, water, sugar, oil, vanilla and almond extract in large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed.
- The batter should look well blended.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, smoothing it out with the rubber spatula.
- Place pan in the oven.
- Bake cake on center rack of preheated 350 degree oven until it is golden brown and springs back when lightly pressed with your finger, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake, invert it onto a rack and then invert it onto a serving platter so that it is right side up.
- Slice the cake while it is still a little warm.
- Freeze this cake, wrapped in aluminum foil, for up to 6 months. Thaw cake overnight on the counter before serving.
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 21mg
- Calories: 165kcal
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Fat: 13g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 37mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 64mg
- Vitamin A: 258IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!