If you’re not a big chocolate fan, but crave a sweet treat, these brownies are perfect for any sugar craving.
How To Make Blonde Brownies with Brown Sugar Frosting
A wonderful recipe for those who fancy something different from the usual chocolate fudge brownies or for those who'd prefer something in between! Try these tasty little blonde brownies with brown sugar frosting for that delightful you've been craving for all this time.
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat sugars, butter, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with a wooden spoon.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Spread in an ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish.
Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
Frost with brown sugar frosting.
- Immediately sprinkle with pecans.
- Cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
To make frosting, melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan over very low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Cook over low heat 2 minutes.
- Stir constantly.
- Stir in milk.
- Cook until mixture comes to a full rolling boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Mixing well using a wooden spoon after each addition.
- Mix until smooth and spreadable. If necessary, add more milk, a few drops at a time.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!