How To Make Cheesy Sausage Quiche
This flavorful sausage cheese quiche is made with eggs, sausage, milk, and cheese in just one pan! It’s surely delicious, plus it has fewer calories!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, pepper, and shredded cheese together until thoroughly combined.
Heat a 10-inch oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
Spray the skillet with nonstick spray or lightly grease with olive oil or butter. Add the sausage, onion, and garlic.
Stirring frequently, cook for 5 minutes or until the sausage is a little browned.
Add the green pepper and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the prepared egg mixture, then sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the filling is set and no longer jiggles.
Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
- A skillet larger in size will yield a thinner quiche.
- This quiche makes great leftovers. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Freezing Instructions: The baked quiche freezes well, up to 2 months. Thaw overnight and bake at 350 degrees F to warm up for 20 minutes, give or take.
- Milk: This recipe tested with both skim milk and unsweetened plain almond milk. Any milk will be okay.
- Cheese: Use preferred kind of cheese. Cheddar is great too. If not watching the calories too much, increase to about ¾ to 1 full cup.
- Sausage: Trader Joe’s chicken apple sausage links are 120 calories each. If using another kind, the calorie count in the quiche may change.
- No oven-proof skillet? No problem. Prepare the recipe through steps 4 to 8 in any frying pan or large pot. Then pour the mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch pie or cake pan. Bake as directed in step 9.
- Calories: 138.37kcal
- Fat: 9.55g
- Saturated Fat: 4.35g
- Trans Fat: 0.15g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3.03g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.07g
- Carbohydrates: 3.24g
- Fiber: 0.46g
- Sugar: 2.17g
- Protein: 9.80g
- Cholesterol: 92.28mg
- Sodium: 241.66mg
- Calcium: 144.11mg
- Potassium: 165.26mg
- Iron: 0.59mg
- Vitamin A: 80.85µg
- Vitamin C: 16.97mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!