This is a homemade oatmeal recipe made with fresh peaches and vanilla flavored yogurt for the “cream”. I use Splenda instead of sugar.
Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 small fresh peaches cut into small pieces
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
- 2 tbsp. Splenda or sugar
- 1 tbsp. low-fat yogurt vanilla flavored
- Pour water, salt and vanilla flavoring in a small pan.
- Put heat on high.
- Just before it boils, add Splenda or sugar and peaches.
- When it comes to a boil, add oats and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and stir occasionally.
- Cook until desired thickness.
- Add yogurt when you put it in a bowl to eat and stir to incorporate.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!