Delicious pancakes with plenty of fiber for a nutritious bonus.
How To Make Mill Cottage's Ultimate High Fiber Oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup oatmeal or equal parts of steel cut oats, old fashioned
- 1/3 cup barley
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or blueberries, raisins, etc.
- Mix all ingredients and let them soak in water for at least 1/2 hour or more.
- You can also add some fruit juice to the water for added sweetness.
- Cook 10-15 minutes over a medium-low flame depending on desired thickness.
- Top with a very light sprinkling of brown sugar, fresh fruit and yogurt.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 166mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg