Try these sophisticated nuggets that adults and kids will love, especially with the grown-up dipping sauce!
How To Make Baked Chicken Nuggets
The perfect recipe to whip up even during the weekday! An easier recipe than the deep-fried variant, in addition, this ensures you perfectly cooked chicken nuggets every time.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Trim any excess fat from chicken, and cut into 1 ½-inch pieces. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and water.
- Place chicken pieces into egg mixture, stirring to coat.
- Set aside. In large zippered plastic bag, combine bread crumbs, cheese, basil, thyme and salt.
- Shake to combine well.
- Using a slotted spoon to drain excess egg mixture, transfer chicken pieces, a few at a time, to crumb mixture; close the bag and shake it.
- Repeat until all pieces are well coated.
- Discard leftover egg and coating mixture.
- Place coated chicken pieces on prepared sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, turn pieces over, and bake another 10 minutes.
- Nuggets are done when meat is no longer pink in the center.
- Serve warm, with Apricot Dipping Sauce.
- To make apricot sauce, purée all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Makes about ½ cup.
- Sugar: 14g
- Calcium: 219mg
- Calories: 469kcal
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Cholesterol: 235mg
- Fat: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 941mg
- Protein: 58g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 932mg
- Vitamin A: 345IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!