How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Granola Bars
These chewy chocolate chip granola bars are made more delightful with chocolate chips, and cookie butter, and honey! They’re super easy to make, too!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray an 8×8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
In a small bowl, melt the cookie butter and coconut oil for about 1 minute in the microwave.
Stir until combined and smooth. Melt for longer if needed.
In a large bowl, beat the melted cookie butter and oil mixture, honey (or maple syrup if using it instead), egg, and vanilla until completely combined.
Add in the oats, brown sugar, and salt. Mix well. Slowly stir in chocolate chips. The batter will be sticky.
Transfer to the prepared baking pan and press down, making sure the surface is flat and even.
Bake for 21 to 24 minutes or until set and the edges are lightly browned.
Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Make-ahead & freezing instructions: The bars stay fresh at room temperature for up to 7 days. The bars freeze well for up to 2 months.
- The cookie butter can be substituted for almond butter or any nut butter of your choice. The bars may not have the same chocolate chip cookie taste though.
- For the sweetener, sugar-free maple syrup was used, but feel free to use honey or regular maple syrup.
- For add-ins, try using different add-ins, like nuts or dried fruits (up to ⅔ cup in total). These granola bars are highly adaptable.
- Calories: 228.75kcal
- Fat: 13.84g
- Saturated Fat: 8.55g
- Trans Fat: 0.37g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.75g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.76g
- Carbohydrates: 24.71g
- Fiber: 1.68g
- Sugar: 14.10g
- Protein: 3.01g
- Cholesterol: 35.90mg
- Sodium: 114.85mg
- Calcium: 24.58mg
- Potassium: 67.66mg
- Iron: 0.92mg
- Vitamin A: 77.78µg
- Vitamin C: 0.09mg