The smell of these in the morning will bring everyone to the breakfast table.
How To Make Pecan Date Sticky Buns
A delicious and simple recipe that's easy enough for starting bakers and experienced ones alike! This incredibly fluffy and moist sticky buns has enough sweetness without being overbearing and tasty pecan and date combination is enough to give this wonderful dough a try.
For the Pecan Topping:
- ¼ cup butter , or margarine
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 ½ cups pecans, chopped
For the Dough:
- 5 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup wheat germ
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ oz Fleischmann's Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup butter , or margarine
- 2 eggs, large
For the Date Filling:
- ¼ cup butter , or margarine (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 8 oz dates, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
Heat butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup until sugar dissolves.
Pour into greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Arrange pecans evenly in bottom of pan.
In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, wheat germ, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt.
Heat water, milk, and ½ cup of butter until very warm (120 to 130 degrees F).
- Gradually add to flour mixture.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
Add eggs and 1 cup of flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a 24 x 18-inch rectangle, brush with melted butter.
- Combine 1 C. brown sugar with dates and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly on dough.
- Beginning at short end, roll up tightly as for jelly roll.
- Pinch seam to seal.
- Using a dough cutter cut into 8 equal pieces.
- Place in prepared pan, cut-side up.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 minute.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until done.
- Cover with foil after 20 minutes of baking to prevent excess browning.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes. Invert onto serving tray.
- Sugar: 89g
- Calcium: 118mg
- Calories: 1050kcal
- Carbohydrates: 165g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Fat: 40g
- Fiber: 8g
- Iron: 6mg
- Potassium: 531mg
- Protein: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 756mg
- Vitamin A: 1109IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!