How To Make Glazed Strawberry Bread
A quick glazed strawberry bread with strawberry and vanilla flavors. This charming strawberry bread could easily melt in your mouth in seconds.
For the Bread:
- 2cupsall purpose flour,(250 grams), spoon & leveled
- 1tspbaking soda
- ¼tspground cinnamon
- 1large egg,at room temperature
- ¾cupgranulated sugar,(150 grams)
- ¼cuplight or dark brown sugar,(50 grams), packed
- 1cupbuttermilk,(240 milliliter)
- ⅓cupvegetable oil,(80 milliliter), or canola, or melted coconut oil
- 2tsppure vanilla extract
- 1½cupsfresh strawberries,rinsed, dried, chopped, tossed in 1 tablespoon of flour
For the Glaze:
- 1cupconfectioner’s sugar,(120 grams)
- ½tsppure vanilla extract
- 2tbspheavy cream or milk,(30 milliliter)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, toss the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together until combined. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk the egg, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until combined. Make sure there are no brown sugar lumps remaining.
Whisk in the buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently whisk until there are no more lumps. Fold in the strawberries.
Bake the bread for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Poke the center of the bread with a toothpick at 50 minutes.
If it comes out clean, the bread is done. If it comes out wet, bake longer. Allow bread to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before glazing and slicing.
Whisk the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and cream together until combined and creamy. Drizzle over bread immediately before serving.
The bread stays fresh covered tightly at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Calories: 391.61kcal
- Fat: 11.98g
- Saturated Fat: 1.89g
- Trans Fat: 0.07g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7.47g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.95g
- Carbohydrates: 66.04g
- Fiber: 1.46g
- Sugar: 41.02g
- Protein: 5.30g
- Cholesterol: 29.61mg
- Sodium: 348.73mg
- Calcium: 55.84mg
- Potassium: 143.74mg
- Iron: 1.75mg
- Vitamin A: 30.00µg
- Vitamin C: 17.09mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!