These are also fun to make using tiny cocktail franks for a fun party appetizer.
How To Make Corn Dogs
A simple recipe for the all-American classic corn dogs! A wonderfully crisp outer shell with a light and fluffy interior and a steaming juicy hot dog in the center can't be beat!
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and chili powder.
In a small bowl, beat eggs with milk and ¼ cup oil.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk together until batter is smooth.
Heat oil in the deep fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Insert a popsicle stick into each hot dog.
- Using the stick as a handle, dip each hot dog into batter and turn to coat evenly.
- Fry corn dogs several at a time until golden, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Your children will enjoy making this all-time favorite at home.
- Serve with ketchup, mustard, and plenty of napkins.
Tip: Popsicle sticks are available at hobby and craft stores.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 191mg
- Calories: 430kcal
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Fat: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 264mg
- Protein: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 986mg
- Vitamin A: 333IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!